Friday, September 19, 2014

Staying on track and staying at home


I can't lie that when I began staying at home, I was petrified on how I would continue to stay on track. I had the worries of slipping into my old habits of mindless eating and not very much activity. I knew I had to set my life up in a way that I wouldn't let this happen. I can't let myself slip because I have come so far. So here is what I have been doing to keep up with my progress.

We are staying at an extended stay hotel and luckily it has a kitchen (microwave, full fridge, stove, and sink) So I can cook! It's also my job to not spend money now that we are on a single income, so eating out is NOT an option. Luckily we have lots of family here in Sheridan and they are feeding us well! We joke that we are riding the "meal train" and we are owning it. Shhh don't tell them that we don't really feel bad for it! :)


I snack throughout the day and rarely sit down for a meal until dinner. My snacking consists of a handful of almonds, a couple grapes, a bowl of cucumbers and tomatoes, some hummus and crackers, and a couple pieces of turkey. When you snack on healthy foods you don't feel bad for snacking! I feel satisfied and I rarely feel hungry.


I have been working out almost every morning. After I go and drop Avon off at school, Kenley, Leah and I hit the pathways or the parks for a work out. They also have a free gym here at the hotel, so I really have NO excuses.


Here are some pics of our excursions.


We love picking produce at grandmas house


It snowed but we still play outside!

We go to the library and we got our new cards. 

We play at the park with cousins

Kenley and Leah are my workout buddies while Av is at school! 

This hill is a doozie!

We love running and riding up by the elk and buffalo! This is how we get from our new house to the park! Pretty awesome! 


We love Fridays because Av gets to join us! He goes to school Monday-Thursday. We love this time together! 

So 2 weeks into living here and I am proud to say that I am at my lowest weight on record. 159 pounds. That is a total weight loss at 114 pounds! Wowza! What I love is the feeling of looking great and feeling great!




No comments:

Post a Comment