Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Stuffed peppers...a different way

Ok I have to share this crazy yummy dinner! Our bountiful baskets this week came with 10 orange peppers! We love peppers but I admit that I get in a recipe rut of fajitas, stir fry, or traditional stuffed peppers. I wanted something different and I didn't need to go to the store for! I happened to have all of the ingredients on hand! I used a recipe off Pinterest for inspiration, but like I said before I am not great about following a recipe! So here is the breakdown of the stuffing! 
Quinoa
Garbanzo beans
Capers
Roasted red peppers
Artichoke hearts
Kalamata olives
Ground elk(the recipe called for lamb)
Spices: oregano, dill, parsley, pepper and salt
Feta cheese
I cooked everything in my pressure cooker! I got an electric pressure cooker for Christmas and I love it! It took 35 minutes to cook everything even the dried garbanzo beans! A little tip is to cook your quinoa and garbanzo beans in low sodium chicken broth, this adds flavor so you don't have to salt as much later! 
Then I stuffed the pepper and baked it for 10-20 min at 450. 

It called for a Tzatziki sauce. That is an easy plain Greek yogurt, diced cucumbers, salt, pepper, dill and a little tahini. 

No comments:

Post a Comment