Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Make it about you!

I wish so badly for others to look inside of themselves and know that THEY have EVERYTHING they need to achieve fitness goals. I honestly didn't know for a very long time that I had it in me either. When I first started on my health journey, I was so self-conscious, full of doubt, comparing myself to to others, negative about slip ups, and humility about the person that I was. I was embarrassed for the way I looked, for the things I ate, for the clothes I wore, for every poor choice I was making...I felt humiliation. For some reason, maybe it was divine intervention, I kept going. I didn't want to. I wanted to give up so many times, because the feeling of such self doubt was so overwhelming. But I just kept at it. There are still times when I feel myself comparing and slipping into the same mental game with myself. I am here to tell you that being healthy is a mental game. It takes more mental energy to push those feelings aside and to keep going. Most people are not prepared for the how challenging it is. I am here to tell you, you can do it.

I have prided myself on doing this my way! It is so frustrating to have people ask, what program did you do? Did you do atkins? Did you do blah blah blah? You must spend so much time at the gym. I want to scream and say, "I did me" I did what my body needed. I started moving more. I exercise. I sweat. I eat clean. I pay attention to portions. I just do the things that are natural. They aren't hard. It is what has been proven to be most effective and have the results that are for a life time. I don't have to purchase things to make me live a healthier life. I know that many of my friends and family chose to take a different route, and that is great. The fact that you are making choices to live a different life is huge! But please please please remember that all you need is you! You are the only one to make a difference in your life. You are the one that has to beat the mental game, to do one more lap, to make a healthy choice, to quit a bad habit. It is YOU!! No personal trainer, health coach, nutritionist can make you live a healthier life. It is YOU! They will give you tools, help motivate, encourage, and assist, but it is solely up to you! My advice is make this journey about you! Make it about changing your life not a quick fix. This has to be a marathon! I am here to tell you that after 4 years of maintaining this lifestyle, there is nothing more gratifying than saying I DID IT, I AM DOING IT, I LIVE IT, and NO ONE BUT ME CAN TAKE CREDIT! This was about me beating me and all of the things that I thought I could never do! MAKE YOUR JOURNEY ABOUT YOU!!


No comments:

Post a Comment