Saturday, February 22, 2014

Clean eating at its finest!

When you switch from processed foods to more raw foods you do see an increase in your grocery bill! Those who say eating healthy costs more, are right. It does cost more to buy raw veggies and fruits. But eating processed foods will cost you long term. Bountiful baskets is a great way to eat clean and get adorable veggies and fruit. Here is my loot from this weeks basket. I spent 45.00 and got all this...
Here are the majority of my veggies. I did add on to the basket and got the California pack that had 3 heads of cauliflower, 15 ginormous carrots, and a bag full of broccoli heads! I also added on the Asian pack that had napa cabbage, bok choy, celery, limes, snow peas, and herbs. We store our veggies in our garage as it is cool and dark. They life of our veggies has increased greatly! Hello yummy veggies! 
Here are my fruits and this week I did not add on anything to the basket because we still have leftover fruits from last week...
Our kids know right where to go for a snack as the fruits are within reach and veggie snacks are already prepared! The best part is that grocery shopping is done! We add in our elk meat, chicken and pork from the freezer. We stalked up on milk and dairy last week, so we are good to go! I always try to keep beans and grains (rice and quinoa) on hand in the pantry/freezer to add to any meal. We eat a lot of beans so I cook a roaster full of dried beans and then store in the freezer to cut the sodium from eating the canned beans! 
Eating clean does cost more, but feeling better about what are putting into your body is worth it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment