Saturday, April 5, 2014

Vacation

Surviving vacation while being aware of healthy eating habits is difficult! My family and I recently went to Arizona and San Diego. I love eating new foods and trying local favorite places to eat. So of course eating becomes a big make up of vacation. I wasn't perfect on vacation and I definitely endulged in things I normally stay away from. Here are some tips I tried while on vacation...
1. Breakfast-we had a continental breakfast at the hotel where we stayed. This breakfast was typical waffles, pastries, carbs carbs carbs carbs. How I tried to make my breakfasts healthier was eating oatmeal with fresh apple slices and a hard boiled egg. I got fiber and protein and stayed away from sugar loaded muffins and Danishes. 

2. Share- my husband is so good because he often shares with me. I love this because then you can't over eat. If we didn't share I immediately asked for a box and boxed up half. I loved not feeling full and overly stuffed! 

3. Walk- we planned lots of active things to do and we walked a lot. We walked up and down the beach, we played volleyball on the beach. We walked at the zoo. 

4. Water- stay hydrated!! Drink drink drink drink. Keep the water going! 

5. Have fun and allow yourself to endulge- We had a meal where we ate what we wanted and one night I have Ben and Jerry's ice cream! It was glorious and I don't feel guilty. 

I came home and I did weigh 5 pounds heavier then when I left but I got right back on track.  
Here are some pictures of our trip...
In the airport ready to go!
Grandmas backyard in Arizona
Driving to San Diego
Down on the pier
Me and my honey near the USS Midway
She loves ice cream as much as mom does
At the zoo

Poolside 
Mission beach







No comments:

Post a Comment