Monday, January 13, 2014

Smoothie tricks!

I love smoothies! Smoothies are a great way to add some serious good foods hidden with fruit and yogurt. I found a great recipe on Pinterest that has coconut vanilla milk, pineapple, kale and spinach. I have all of these things so I figured why not try it and show some smoothie tricks. 
1. Use frozen fruits for your smoothies so you don't have to add ice! For my smoothie today we had some frozen pineapple in the freezer. 
2. Use an old spaghetti jar for your blender
I love this one because it has oz. on the side so you can measure easier. Also great for portion control. Fill it up! 
Then take your blender and unscrew the base from the large container
Once you have all you ingredients in your jar, carefully place the blade bottom upside-down and screw onto your jar. 
Then flip over and place on your blender
Look at all that kale and spinach! 
Yummy green goodness! Then unscrew the base and you can transfer into a cup, drink straight from the jar, or screw on the original lid and take to the gym, work or wherever! The best part about this recipe is this....
My sick little dude who is home from school loved it! Double win! 



No comments:

Post a Comment