Saturday, January 11, 2014

Why a little less

I wanted to write this blog to help others who are changing their lives for the better. So many of our friends have asked how my husband and I have changed our lives so drastically. Why not write about to inspire others. So here is the "skinny" (pun intended)....My husband and I started Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover in June 2010. His principles have helped us become debt free, have a nice emergency fund, and beginning to invest and pay for our children's college, oh and paying off our house. Dave's principles also teach to "live like no one else so later you can live like no one else". We took this literally to life with our main focus of our health. So in 2010, I began working out with some friends from work. At my all time heaviest, I weighed 273lbs. but I didn't know my weight in 2011 because I was so embarrassed. My first run/jog, I couldn't even make it around 1/4 of the lap because I was that out of shape. I worked hard and I completed my first sprint triathlon in May 2011. I was then 227lbs. I kept at it and continued to push myself to try new things and to continue to work hard. It was difficult with eating and diet because my husband wasn't on board with me. He was overweight and in April 2013 he started to see that he couldn't continue to live overweight and out of shape. So when he got on board, our weight melted off. In December we both celebrated over 200lbs. lost. He has lost over 110lbs and I have lost 97lbs. We apply Dave Ramsey's logic of a budget and "living like no one else now so we can live like no one else later" to our health. The reason for this blog is to hopefully provide tips, insight, help, and inspiration to others who might be trying to live a more healthier lifestyle. We are by no means perfect. We are not fitness trainers. I had pizza tonight and loved every bit of it! We are human and we have really bad meals, but what sets us apart from others is that we have maintained this lifestyle for a long time and know that this is a life change. It is a way of thinking and change in everything you do. We did this without pills, shakes, or fads. It was done through discipline and tough work. But I know the difference in feeling good and not. So I hope that who ever reads this can find something that is inspirational or something that sticks. Just remember it is tiny little changes that you make, one at a time. So there is a "lot less of us in the nest"

No comments:

Post a Comment